Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.B. Personal Information We Collect Automatically
- Account information. When you register for an account on one of our Services, you may provide us with account information, such as your contact information, username, password, and other information relevant for the particular Service.
- Communications. When you contact us or if you post on the Services, we may receive your account information, contact information, and the time, date, and content of your message and any attachments.
- Contact information. When you sign up to receive updates about our products and services you provide us with contact information, such as your name and email address.
- Contributor information. When you contribute to the Blockstack project, you may provide us with contributor information, such as the code, documentation or other information you contribute, the time and date of your contributions, your username and profile information, public repository content, and any related comments and discussions.
- Developer information. When you submit your app to the App.co platform, you may provide us with developer information such as your contact information, information about your app, how you learned about app.co.
- Evangelist information. When you sign up for our Evangelist program, you may provide us with profile information, such as your name, contact information, social media links, profile photo, and survey information.
- Event information. When you participate in one of our events, you may provide us with contact information, and other information necessary or relevant for the organization of the event.
- Order information. When you place an order in our online store, we may request information necessary to process your order, such as your contact information, shipping address, as well as credit card, cryptocurrency, or other billing information.
- Profile information. When you choose to store your Blockstack profile on storage nodes managed by Blockstack, we receive your profile information such as your profile photo, biographical information, cryptocurrency addresses, social media handles, and PGP and SSH keys, and other information you choose to include in your profile.
- Applicant information. When you apply for a career with Blockstack, you may provide us with applicant information, such as your contact information, information in your resume or CV, information from any website you choose to link to (e.g., LinkedIn or Twitter), and any other information you choose to provide.
C. Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
2. How We Use Personal InformationA. How We Use Personal information We use Personal Information we collect through the Services as necessary for the following purposes:
- Social media information. If you post on Blockstack social media pages or post about Blockstack on other publicly available services, we may receive social media information about you, such as your profile information and the time, date and content of your posts.
B. Our Use of European Personal Information If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid legal basis to do so, including when:
- Providing the Services. We use Personal Information to operate, maintain, and provide features of the Services.
- Communicating with you. We use Personal Information to contact you for administrative and informational purposes, such as to respond to your inquiries, or to inform you about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or invitations to join the Services.
- Organizing and managing events. We use Personal Information to organize, staff, and manage projects or events.
- Fulfilling your orders. We use Personal Information to fulfil your orders, including to process your payment and to ship your order.
- Marketing. We use Personal Information to send marketing communications, including promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with, such as app developers. We also use Personal Information to contact you to answer feedback and surveys, and to improve our marketing and promotional efforts. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under Your Rights and Choices. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you promotional emails with your opt-in consent.
- Understanding and improving the Services. We use Personal Information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users in order to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
- Compliance with financial regulation. We use Personal Information to comply with financial regulation.
- Other business purposes. We use Personal Information for compliance, risk management, and other business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring, and prevention.
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to send you marketing communications.
- We need to use your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, for example to give you access to the Services, to respond to your inquiries, or to register you for an event.
- We need to use your Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation, for example to comply with a court order.
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal to understand and improve our Services, and to monitor and prevent fraud. We only rely on our or a third party's legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
You can find more information about your rights and choices, and how to opt out of the use of certain cookies in the section Your Rights and Choices below.3. How We Share Your Personal InformationExcept as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information collected on the Services to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Functional cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you. For example, to provide login and mailing list signup functionality. We cannot provide you with the Services without this type of cookie.
- Your Blockstack ID and profile information will be publicly available via the blockchain.
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may use and disclose aggregated or otherwise de-identified information for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
- Do Not Track Signals. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.